Total time: 40 minutes
Serving size: 4 people
- 1 and 1/2 cup brown rice with 2 and 1/4 cup of water
- 4 spoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 big spoons grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( I like it a bit more spicy, so I use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 red onion
- 500 grams of mushrooms
- 3 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 3 cups of broccoli
- 200 grams of tofu
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
1. Start boiling the brown rice for 10 minutes and then let simmer for 30 minutes
2. Clean up all the vegetables and cut them into smaller pieces.
3. Grate the ginger and clean up the garlic, so it is ready to use.
4. Heat up the pan then add olive oil, red onion, carrots, ginger, cayenne pepper and squeeze the garlic through the garlic presser and add. Add mushrooms, tofu and soy sauce as well. Let simmer for few minutes, then add cashews and zucchini. Add in broccoli in last minute before serving.
Notes: I find that while the rice is cooking you can prepare and cook everything, so it fit with the time of the rice being ready.