Total time: 35 minutes
Serving size: 24 almond balls
- 1 small spoon of coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup almonds (chopped for toasting)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 cups of dates
- 1 cup oats
- 2 spoons of honey
- small 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 spoons of cacao powder
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1. Chop 1/2 cup of almonds. Add a small spoon of coconut oil to the frying pan and toast the nuts till light brown.
2. While the almonds are getting toasted, chop the dates into small pieces (to make sure that there are no seeds).
3. Put 1 cup of almonds (not the toasted ones), dates, oats, almond meal, cacao, vanilla extract, sea salt and honey into the food processor. Leave the food processor on for about 11-12 minutes until you get a big ball.
4. Mix the toasted nuts into the dough bit by bit.
5. Use an ice cube tray and fill the dough into all the holes. This way you get them all the same size.
6. Roll the dough into balls and to finish up roll them in the coconut.